What do I need to know about PPE?
- UPDATE: Per New York State guidelines, the hospital must provide you with a new N95 mask every day.
- If your N95 get soiled, wet, or is difficult to breathe in, throw it away and get a new one.
- If you haven't already, go to Weisner 204 to get fit tested for new N95s.
- LHH has created a 24/7 PPE distribution center. To request additional PPE, use your Vocera to say "Call PPE" and runners will deliver PPE directly to you on your unit.
- If you don't have a Vocera, or it is not able to understand you, call 646-785-8245.
- Any nurse (not just charge nurses) can request a PPE delivery.
- Nurses in several units have reported that they're getting push-back when they request PPE. If you need PPE, don't relent. Push back.
From LHH Epidemiology 3/20/20
NYPNU FACE SHIELD
NYPNU ordered a sturdy, reusable face shield for every single one of our members. If you haven't received yours yet, fill out this short form and a NYPNU staffer will be in touch with you to coordinate pick-up. If you are currently out on a leave of absence, not to worry - you can get yours when you return to work.